Sunday, January 18, 2009

Things I've learned in Italy so far

Were about to go do some more sight seeing so I will quickly blog right now, but later on after I get back I'll have a longer one describing the adventures weve had over the past couple days. And yes...we've had some adventures....
1. There are no traffic laws.

2. Cabbies love to run red lights

3. People here love to ride Vespas and other scooters

4. An ambulance is heard/seen every couple of minutes...probably having to do with all the scooters and lack of traffic laws.

5. There are a lot more police walking around.

6. The police do nothing.

7. You can find bottles of water everywhere. But, acqua minerale naturale (mineral water) is the only kind you can get.

8. I can't find orange juice anywhere.

9. The Irish pubs are tons of fun, but you forget that your in Italy when you walk inside.

10. The metro system is more efficient than BART.

11. Bars are not what we think bars are. In Rome ANYTHING can be called a bar if theres alcohol in it. And everything has alcohol. Sandwich shops, cafe's, ice cream shops etc. So you will run into a million places that say something like "Gelato/BAR", "Sandwiches/BAR", "toy store/BAR"....

12. I dont think there is a drinking age in this country.

13. Expressos here are bomb. I feel hella cool standing at the coffee bar stirring my little expresso with other Romans doing the same thing. Its also one of the few things i can order in Italian.



I do love it here though. Check back for another blog later today

No comments:

Post a Comment